Friday, January 22, 2010

St Johns Cpr Minor Heat Burn Treatment (first And Mild Second Degree)?

Minor heat burn treatment (first and mild second degree)? - st johns cpr

I know teaches CPR and first aid, that we keep the burn in cold water for 15 minutes or until cooled and should be easier but I found that burning with hot water to heat to combat not only relieves pain faster (albeit caused much pain for a short time), but also prevents the blisters and remained pain and tenderness. I spoke with a San Juan certified CPR and first aid, and she told me she had never heard of this method.

My question is how many people have heard of it, and why it is or not is a good method?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of it. The heat causes vasodilation, allowing more blood lead in the region, the cold causes vasoconstriction, the less blood flow to the affected area, produces, which should cause less pain.

Post a Comment